Have I Ever Shared My Why with You?
I have spent the past year working with clients one-on-one to get a better, more intimate glimpse into the common challenges that we all face as creative entrepreneurs and small business owners. It's remarkable how different the work can be, yet how similar our struggles are.
One commonality I noticed is how we are all passionate about what we do, yet often find it so hard to sell ourselves and our work. It's not that we are ashamed of what we've accomplished, but the act of selling feels unnatural and contrived. And ultimately, we strive for genuine connection and relationships, and we want to promote those over consistently selling.
I truly believe in the power of the notion that people buy from people. I believe that we do our best work and live our best life when we establish a Why, a core purpose, a true north and then develop a strategy that sets us on a path to achieve it.
My Why is to create & hold space for others to discover their most innate desires.
- I believe that everyone does better work when they feel supported.
- I believe that having a trusted partner can enable you to push through the uncomfortable stages to allow you to accomplish incredible things.
- I believe that we all need a little validation to feel confident in moving forward with our ideas.
- I believe that there is nothing sweeter than working hard together to share in a joint win.
Through these beliefs, I have created Own Your Why. It is my hope that the community created through this program is a welcome retreat from the other noise that engulfs us constantly in our world. My hope is that you find a home here.
Own Your Why is a program that is built around true connection and thoughtful interaction to help you discover Your Why for your business, and then help you establish a marketing plan to achieve that future vision. You may take the program in two ways:
- Own Your Why: Self-Paced. This is great for those who do their best thinking on their own, but also want to have the support of a community.
- Own Your Why: Intensives. This is a 7-hour workshop hosted in a small group setting. Each group is a mix of Austin, TX residents who are welcome into my home, and attendees from anywhere else joining in remotely via live stream. Mark your calendars for the next Intensive date and save your seat today.
Either way, to goal remains the same: to find what lies at the soul of your business, what makes you tick, and why you do what you do. It isn't necessarily something that you'll discover overnight. It is soulful, meaningful, introspective work, but once you put in the time to discover Your Why, you can then begin to share your story.
Own Your Why will teach you foundational lessons to support your long-term growth, and is not catered to quick-fix solutions.
Own Your Why is about creating space for you to dream and figure out what you really want, and then creating a strategic plan that aligns with your core purpose.
Own Your Why is a small, intimate group working together and supporting one another to achieve what we could not on our own.
If you'd like to dip your toe into this philosophy first, then I encourage you to sign up for A Glimpse Into Owning Your Why, a 5-week email series that shares mini lessons from Own Your Why.